Note: This is our version of Korean Chapchae. The ingredients used are all veggies or shall we call it a vegetarian chapchae (but we're not vegetarian). You can add strips of beef or pork.
You will need:
- Korean Glass Noodles (sweet potato noodles)
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. Kikoman or Soy Sauce
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Carrot (cut in strips)
- 4 Green beans (cut in strips)
- 5 Dried Shiitake mushrooms (rehydrate. Sliced)
- 1 Egg (Hard boiled)
- 1 - 2 Onions
- Soju (optional)
- 3 - 4 Tbs. Roasted Sesame Seeds
- Nori (strips. For topping) optional
- Wakame (Rehydrate first. For topping.) optional
- Boil glass noodles for 6 - 7 minutes.
- Rinse noodles gently in running cold water.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and sesame oil. Add onion slices and minced garlic (saute for about one minute)
- Add the vegetables and cook it for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Low heat. Add kikoman, soju, sesame oil, sugar, and oyster sauce. In this case we just combine sesame oil, kikoman, oyster sauce and sugar. What we did is we add it all together in a small bowl. (Actually it's not a bowl, it's a tea cup)
- Mix to combine and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and sesame seed.
- Mix to combine
- Top it with strips of nori, wakame and egg.
|Best served with Gochujang (Red Pepper Paste)|